This accessibility statement applies to Copeland Borough Council’s website.
This website is run by Copeland Borough Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email email@example.com
- call 01946 598300
- visit us at our offices listed at https://www.copeland.gov.uk/contact-us
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us (link as above)
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Find out how to contact us at https://www.copeland.gov.uk/contact-us
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Copeland Borough Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below:
- Use of ambiguous text for links - 2.4.4 Link Purpose (in context)
- Missing ARIA attributes - 4.1.2 Name, Role, Value
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 14th December 2021. It was last reviewed on 14th December 2021.
This website was last tested on 21st July 2021. The test was carried out by Rohallion Limited.
We selected the 10 most visited pages on the 7th July 2021 as the sample of pages to test. These pages were:
The pages were checked with the following tools:
- WebAIM tools (https://webaim.org/)
- axe Dev Tools (https://www.deque.com/axe/devtools/)
- Lighthouse (https://developers.google.com/web/tools/lighthouse/)
Pages were also manually checked for the issues found by the tools, for keyboard focus and reviewed for best practice.