We have five cemeteries which are located in Whitehaven (adjacent to the St Bees Road), Hensingham, Beckermet, Netherwasdale and Millom. All our cemeteries are open to the public. Further information on our cemeteries, including memorial benches, is available.
Distington Hall Crematorium is set in very pleasant surroundings in the north of the borough and serves the majority of Copeland and most of the south of Allerdale. Further information on our range of services, including audio-visual tributes, is available. This page also contains information our Chapel of Remembrance, which contains a Book of Remembrance, and memorialisation options available.
Further information on Bereavement services ...
- Advice and support for dealing with death and bereavement
- Crematorium and cemetery fees
- Medical Certificate form
- Application for Cremation form
- Notice of Cremation form
- Management Rules for our cemeteries and crematorium
- Public Health Funerals
- Contact our Bereavement Services team
- Book of Remembrance Application form for children and babies