Information on all aspects of planning including when you need planning permission and how to get it.
Find out how to view and comment on planning applications
Gaining planning permission
Find out about the costs of your application
Do I need planning permission?
Advice and guidance
The Planning Policy Team is responsible for producing land use policies and guidance that are used in deciding planning applications and therefore guide future development in the Copeland Borough.
- Visit the Planning Policy Home page
- Visit the Copeland Local Plan 2013-2028 page
- Visit the Street name and numbering page
- Visit the Self build register page
- Visit the Sustainability Appraisal
- Visit the Copeland Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment
- Information on the Planning Panel
- Details of how to submit a planning appeal
Find out when the council can take enforcement action
What is planning enforcement
- Help us to investigate your complaint
How do I report a breach of planning control
- Find out how your complaint is dealt with
What happens to my complaint
- Read the council's Planning Enforcement Manual
Further information on planning enforcement
Trees and hedges
- Information about the protection of trees, how to get work done on a tree and the costs involved, how to find out if a tree is protected and how to object or support a Tree Preservation Order
Tree Preservation Orders
- .Guidance on the protection of and work on trees within conservation areas; how to organise it and the costs involved.
Trees within conservation areas
- Advice on managing high hedges including what classes as a high hedge, current legislation and how to resolve issues with neighbours.
- Information about protected hedgerows including how to get work carried out on a hedgerow or how to get one removed.