Advice on major development proposals
Major development proposals are often complex and raise a number of issues. We strongly encourage all developers to enter into early discussions on major proposals.
We will take a proactive approach to such discussions and where appropriate will organise a development management meeting where all the key technical bodies and consultees will be invited to attend. These meetings have the following benefits:
- They allow all of the interested parties to discuss the fundamental issues relating to a particular development
- Help to identify the constraints of the site
- Highlight the planning policies that are relevant to a particular site or development proposal
- Clarify the type and level of information that would be needed to accompany any planning application
- Provide an opportunity to discuss any potential solutions to the issues that have been identified.
- Experience has shown that such meetings help to prevent unnecessary delays and costs to applicants.
For free pre-application advice, please complete and return a form.
To arrange a meeting or discuss your proposals with a Planning Officer, please contact us.