An at-a-glance view of benefits forms, along with information to help you claim.
Housing benefit and council tax reduction scheme
- Housing benefit overview
- How to claim a housing and / or council tax reduction
- Housing benefit overpayments
- Housing benefit or CTRS claim
- Discretionary Housing Payment Form
- Discretionary Housing Payments
- Information for landlords about housing benefit
- Housing benefit appeals
We have a legal obligation to publicly state our electronic communications of data relating to Housing Benefits and Council Tax Reduction claims. This is set out in the following documents
Local Housing Allowance
- The housing benefits and council tax reduction calculator can be found here.
- More information about reporting benefit fraud can be found here.
Housing benefis overpayments
- For more information about housing benefit overpayments click here.
Find advice on money management at Whitehaven, Egremont and District Credit Union.
Under occupation (bedroom tax)
Changes to the under occupation (known as ‘bedroom tax’) rules
The Housing Benefit Regulations have changed.
If you and your partner are unable to share a bedroom due to a disability, we may be able to treat you as requiring a bedroom each when calculating your Housing Benefit.
You need to have a spare room available and:
- Be getting Middle or High rate care component of Disability Living Allowance; or
- High rate Attendance Allowance
- The Daily Living Component of Personal Independence Payments (PIP), or
- Armed Forces Independence Payments
If one of your children, or an adult non-dependent, in your home needs an overnight carer we may be able to allow a bedroom for the carer, as long as:
- You have a spare room for the carer to use
- Care has been arranged
- Your Child or Non-Dependent must also be in receipt of:
- Middle or High rate care component of Disability Living Allowance
- Attendance Allowance
- The Daily Living Component of Personal Independence payments or
- The Armed Forces Independence Payment.
If your child is not in receipt of any of these benefits, please email us for more advice at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the relevant form if you wish to apply and email it to email@example.com or send it to: Benefits Department, Copeland Borough Council, The Market Hall, Market Place, Whitehaven, CA28 7JG