Our Environmental Health Team can provide a range of guidance and services relating to health and safety issues. We also regulate business to ensure compliance with legislation.
We offer pest control treatment and advice services to domestic and commercial properties. Click the link below to find out more:
Animal Activity Licences
- Guidance for starting a food business
- Food complaints
- National Food Hygiene Rating Scheme (nFHRS)
- Food safety service plan
Health and Safety
Noise and nuisance
Please telephone 01946 598300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with noise complaints. Alternatively, we have launched the Noise App so residents can record/report nuisance. For more information click here.
Click here to read our leaflet offering advice and guidance for residents to deal with nuisance seagulls.
Private water supplies
For further information, contact our Environmental Health team on 01946 598300 or email@example.com.
Smoke control areas
- General information about smoke control areas (including authorised fuels)
- Map of Whitehaven smoke control area
- Map of Distington smoke control area
- Map of Millom smoke control area
Contact our Environmental Health team on 01946 598300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.