Open mobile menu
Close mobile menu

We are currently preparing bids to the Future High Streets Fund (Whitehaven) and Towns Fund (Millom and Cleator Moor)

Find out more


Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Details of the different types of licences we can issue.

Current applications

Click here to view and comment on current licence applications.

Clubs and premises

Everyone who sells alcohol, puts on entertainment or serves hot food after 11pm must hold a Premises Licence/Club Premises Certificate to be able to trade under the Licensing Act 2003.

There are four types of Premises Licence:

  1. Club Premises Certificate
  2. Personal Licence
  3. Premises Licence
  4. Temporary Event Notice

A list of premises licence application forms can be found here.
A Temporary Event Notice application form can be found here.
Guidance on premises licences can be found here.
A list of personal licence application forms can be found here.
For further details about the Best Bar None Whitehaven scheme, click here.


Gambling licences

We issue premises licences for betting, bingo, adult gaming centres, family entertainment centres, casinos, horse racing and dog tracks. We also issue permits for prize gaming, gaming machines in alcohol licensed premises, members' clubs and unlicensed family entertainment centres.

We also register small society lotteries and issue occasional and temporary use notices and provisional statements.

Taxi and private hire licences

Please call our licensing team on 01946 598300 to ask about taxi and private hire licence issues.

Click here for the Table of Fares for Hackney Carriage vehicles.


Street Collections

Animal Activity Licences

House to house collections

Other licences

Contact us

Contact our Licensing team on 01946 598300 or