The Borough Council's interactive mapping information website allows you to View maps with related information on your chosen location within the Borough. You can search by property name or postcode and view different types of maps.
You can search by property name or postcode and view different types of maps.
Please read and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below
Please read the Terms and Conditions below before you proceed to the Interactive Mapping services.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Set out below are the terms and conditions which, together with any legal notices displayed elsewhere on this website represent all the terms and conditions on which we will provide you with access to the datasets created by Local Government Information House Limited (the "National Datasets") and/or the datasets compiled and maintained by Copeland Borough Council (the "Authority Datasets") associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Your continued use of this website indicates your acceptance to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please cease using this site.
The terms and conditions for this licence agreement are as follows:
- The National and/or Authority datasets are associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Information displayed throughout the website is extracted from a copyright work owned by the Local Government Information House Limited and Copeland Borough Council.
- A single screen print of the results of a search of the National and/or Authority datasets is permitted for your own use.
- You may not extract or re-utilise information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets and/or any copies of such information (whether electronic or in hard copy format) for any commercial or business purpose including but not limited to, trading, building commercial databases, reselling or redistribution of such information.
- You are not permitted to modify, adapt, arrange, alter, adjust or make any additions to any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets, nor are you permitted to combine such information with other mapping, data or other information, including for the avoidance of doubt, other such information derived from this Website.
- Save as permitted by clause 2 above, the reproduction, copying, downloading, storage, recording, broadcasting, retransmission, distribution, decompilation, reverse-engineering or disassembly of any part of this website is not permitted without our prior written consent.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets is not made available, either in electronic unencrypted form or in hard copy format, to any third party that may attempt to use the map in contravention of these terms and conditions.
- You must inform us immediately if you become aware of a third party using information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets in contravention of these terms and conditions or of any infringement of trade marks located on the website.
- We shall have no liability to any person or organisation in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from the use of the information contained on this website.
- We take every reasonable effort to ensure that information contained on this website is as accurate as possible. However, the services featured on this website are provided 'as is", and all warranties conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded. We shall not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (whether for loss of profit. loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expense or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with your use of the website.
Copeland Borough Council strives to meet the needs of computer users with visual impairment or other conditions that limit accessibility. Due to graphics-intensive nature of this part of the site, this geographic information cannot all be presented in an accessible format. If you would like assistance with this please contact email@example.com.
By using our online mapping service you are agreeing to the following conditions:
- The online mapping service is designed to provide members of the public with access to Copeland Borough Councils map based data. This is a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for map-based data presentation of property-related information.
It is important to note that property boundaries shown on the mapping and data in Maps do not relate to legal land ownership boundaries; land ownership queries should be referred to HM Land Registry.
Copyright of Data
Copeland Borough Council
Copeland Borough Council retains copyright to all original data unless otherwise stated.
The Ordnance Survey mapping is provided by Copeland Borough Council under licence from the Ordnance Survey on behalf of the Controller of Her Majesty's Stationery Office Crown Copyright. Unauthorised reproduction infringes Crown Copyright and may lead to prosecution or civil proceedings. Copeland Borough Council, Licence Number LA100019619, 2006.
Statement of Purpose
The Ordnance Survey mapping included within The Property Information Portal is provided by the Council under licence from Ordnance Survey in order to fulfil its public function to make available Council held public domain information.
Persons viewing this mapping should contact the Ordnance Survey for advice where they wish to licence Ordnance Survey map data for their own use.
This disclaimer contains external links to other websites; please note that Copeland Borough Council is not responsible for the content of these other websites, or for the privacy information on other websites.