Open mobile menu
Close mobile menu

We are currently preparing bids to the Future High Streets Fund (Whitehaven) and Towns Fund (Millom and Cleator Moor)

Find out more

Complaints, comments and compliments

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

This page tells you how to make a complaint, comment or compliment about the council or its members.

We regularly consult customers to find out how satisfied you are with the level of service we provide and how we can improve. We also ask organisations we work with to tell us how we can improve our services.

Comments – If you have any comments about our services, please tell us – your comments and suggestions may help us to improve our services.

Compliments - If we do something well, please tell us - we appreciate your positive feedback.

Complaints - If you have a complaint about something we have done or failed to do, please tell us - we may be able to sort it out straight away.

You can also contact us:


In person: The Market Hall, Market Place, Whitehaven, CA28 7JG.
 Millom Office, St Georges Road, Millom, LA18 4DD
By letter:Customer Services, The Market Hall, Whitehaven, CA28 7JG
By telephone:01946 59 8300
OnlineVia E-form


More information is available in the Comments, Compliments and Complaints Customer Guide.

Click here for more information on the Community Trigger process.

If you remain dissatisfied after we have responded to your complaint you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman.

Complaints against councillors

If you want to complain about the conduct of a member of Copeland Borough Council or a member of one of the parish or town councils in Copeland, you must complete and submit a Code of Conduct complaints form. 

The Assessment Panel can only deal with complaints about the behaviour of a member as defined in the Code of Conduct and will deal with complaints under the Code of Conduct procedure

Click here to access a Code of Conduct complaints form.

If you need further advice or help on anything relating to the Code of Conduct, please telephone 01946 598300 or email