Copeland Borough Council
Sustainability Appraisal Integrated Assessment of the Copeland Local Plan
Integrated Assessment Scoping Report
This Scoping Report details the scope of the Integrated Assessment (IA) that will be carried out to inform the development of the Copeland Local Plan which is being produced by Copeland Borough Council.
The purpose of the IA is to promote sustainable development, health and equality issues through better integration of social, environmental and economicconsiderations into the preparation of the Copeland Local Plan.
The IA considers the requirements and scope of:
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA) / Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)
- Equalities Impact Assessment (EqIA)
- Health Impact Assessment (HIA).
This scoping report comprises the following:
- Identification and review of relevant plans, programmes and strategies
- Description of the baseline, namely the current and likely future social, economic and environmental characteristics (if current trends continue) of Copeland
- Summary of the key issues for the Local Plan
- Presentation of the assessment framework
- Outline of the next steps.
Consultation on the Scoping Report will be undertaken to obtain opinions regarding the scope of the topics and methodology to be used in the IA of the Local Plan. The Consultation takes place between Monday 26th March and Wednesday 2nd May 2018.
To read the Scoping Report you can access the document via the link: Integrated Assessment of the Copeland Local Plan