Open mobile menu
Close mobile menu

We are currently preparing bids to the Future High Streets Fund (Whitehaven) and Towns Fund (Millom and Cleator Moor)

Find out more

House Condition Complaints

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

If you live in a privately rented property and the landlord is not carrying out essential repairs, let us know. We will help you to deal with the problem.

When you contact us, you will need to:

  • Tell us your landlord's name and contact details
  • Tell us what repairs are needed
  • Tell us when you reported the repairs to your landlord

 We will arrange to visit the property with the landlord and carry out an inspection.

We will then work with the landlord to make sure any essential repairs are carried out. If the landlord does not comply we may take legal action.

Contact us on 01946 598427 or write to us at:
Housing RenewalsCopeland Borough CouncilThe Copeland CentreCatherine StreetWhitehaven CA28 7SJ 

Alternatively, you can visit us at the Copeland Centre. We would prefer it if you could make an appointment to see us first as we are very busy, but we will always try to see people who come to see us without an appointment when we can.