Council tax is calculated assuming two adults live at the address. If there is only one adult at the address you may receive a 25% discount on your bill. Please complete the application form below to apply for a single person discount.
For calculating council tax, the following are not counted. Please contact the Revenues Team on 01946 598300, or email@example.com if any of the below apply to you:
- full-time students, student nurses, apprentices and youth trainees
- patients who live permanently in a hospital
- people who are being looked after in care homes
- people who are suffering from a Severe mental impairment
- people in prison (except those in prison for non-payment of council tax or a fine)
- care providers, or careworkers working for low pay (usually for charities)
- people staying in certain hostels or night shelters
- people caring for someone who is not a spouse, partner, or child under 18 years of age
- 18 and 19 year olds who are at or have just left school
- members of visiting forces and certain international institutions
- members of religious communities
- members of international organisations with headquarters in the UK, and their non-British spouses
- persons on whom diplomatic privileges and immunities are conferred
- persons 18 years of age for whom Child Benefit is payable
If all of the occupants fall into any of these groups then a 25 per cent discount or even a full exemption may apply.
A 50 per cent discount may be available for annexes in some limited circumstances. Please contact us for further details.
Discounts for empty properties
Discounts are also available if your property is empty.
|Uninhabitable properties||A 50% discount for as long as it remains in that state, or for one year (whichever is the lesser time)|
|Vacant properties that are unoccupied and unfurnished||A 100% discount for a maximum of 28 days|
|Long term vacant properties - more than two years vacant||A 100% premium is charged, 200% Council Tax is payable|
|Please note that unoccupied but furnished properties do not qualify for a discount|