Legal and licensing


Legal and licensing

  1. Where can I read the Licensing Act 2003?
  2. Application for Premises Licence

    Application for Premises Licence - Sydneys Luxe Bar

  3. Review a premises licence

    Application to review a premises licence.

    The review procedure applies to both a premises licence and a club premises certificate. A review may be sought relating to a premises licence or club premises if local residents and businesses in the vicinity or any of the responsible authorities have concerns with the running of the premises. Representations must be based around one or more of the four licensing objectives. These are:

    • The prevention of crime and disorder
    • Public safety
    • The prevention of public nuisance
    • The protection of children from harm
  4. Local land charges search

    A Local Authority Search is usually requested by a solicitor on behalf of purchasers of land or property, and forms part of the conveyancing process.  The standard questions give potential buyers details of any restrictions or legal obligations which are enforceable against successive owners.  We carry out all official searches covered by the Local Land Charges Act 1975 and we guarantee comprehensive replies.

  5. Premises Licence - The Pantry

    Application for a Premises LIcence - The Pantry

  6. Minor variation form

    Application to make a minor variation to a premises licence.

    A minor variation would only be applicable for variations to premises licences or club premises certificates that could have no adverse effect on the promotion of any of the four licensing objectives. These are:

    • The prevention of crime and disorder
    • Public safety
    • The prevention of public nuisance
    • The protection of children from harm

    Minor variations cannot be used to:

    • Extend the period for which the licence or certificate has effect
    • Change the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)
    • Add the sale/supply of alcohol as a licensable activity
    • Allow the sale/supply of alcohol between 23.00 and 07.00
    • Allow an increase in the amount of time on any day during which alcohol may be sold/supplied
    • Remove a DPS from a church hall or community centre
  7. Gambling Policy 2016

    Gambling Policy 2016

  8. Provisional statement

    You will need to apply for a provisional statement if you require confirmation that a premises under construction, or being substantially altered would be granted a premises licence upon completion of the building works

  9. Wasdale premesis licence

    Wasdale premesis licence

  10. Notice of gambling application

    Notice of application for a provisional statement where there is more than one applicant.

  11. BBN scoring booklet

    BBN scoring booklet

  12. Roc Bar variation of licence

    Application by Andrew John Conoley of Roc Bar, Tangier Street, Whitehaven to vary a premises licence. Any comments must be received by Monday 7 October 2013.

  13. Can I become a taxi driver?
  14. Application for Premises Licence - La Venue

    Application for Premises Licence - La Venue

  15. Statment of licensing policy

    This is our revised gambling policy.

    Under the Gambling Act 2005, a new regime for regulating gambling and betting was introduced throughout the United Kingdom from 1 September 2007.  Apart from the National Lottery and spread betting, gambling and betting is regulated by the Gambling Commission, whose duties include licensing the operators and individuals involved in providing gambling and betting facilities.

    Copeland Borough Council has a duty under the Act to licence premises where gambling is to take place and to licence certain other activities (such as registering small society lotteries).  This document sets out how we intend to approach this task.

  16. Land charges personal search

    A personal search is an inspection of the Local Land Charges Register and can be carried out by anyone.  Please note that a personal search does not provide all the information given on a full (LLC1 and CON29) search.

  17. Premises Licence - McColls, Meadow Rd, Whitehaven

    Application for Premises Licence - McColls, Meadow Road, Whitehaven

  18. Vary premises licence

    Form to use if you wish to apply to vary the details of your existing licence. A variation of your premises licence is required if you want to change any aspect of the premises licence such as adding / removing conditions, adding / removing licensable activities, varying the existing hours for permitted licensable activities or varying the premises plans.

  19. Premises Licence - Bulwark Quay

    Premises Licence - Bulwark Quay

  20. Disclosure of convictions

    You will need to complete this form as part of your application for a personal licence.

    A personal licence must be held by a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) but can also be held by anyone involved in the sale of alcohol by retail. It is not necessary for all staff selling alcohol to have a personal licence.

    Please note: You must be 18 years old or over in order to apply for a personal licence.

    The following must be submitted to the Licensing Authority:

    • Completed application form.
    • 2 passport size photographs, one of which must be endorsed on the reverse with a statement verifying the likeness of the photograph to you by a solicitor, notary, a person of standing within the community or any individual with a professional qualification. This person must not be a relative.
    • A criminal conviction certificate. The certificate must be less than 1 month old at the time of application.
    • Completed 'Disclosure of Convictions and Declaration' form.
    • Level 2 National Certificate for Personal Licence Holder (NCPLH).
    • The current fee of £37.00.
  21. Notice of App for Prem Licence, Boltonhead farm

    Notice of Application for Premises Licence, Bolton Head Farm, Gosforth

  22. Application for the reinstatement of a premises licence

    Application form to have a premises licence reinstated.

  23. BBN benefits

    BBN benefits

  24. Clock Tower - Application for variations


  25. How do I get my vehicle licensed as a taxi?


Subscribe to Legal and licensing