Waste and recycling
There are over thirty recycling points throughout the borough to make recycling easy wherever you go.
Recycling bring sites
A list of our community recycling sites in Copeland.
Delayed waste/recycling collections
Sometimes we experience difficulties collecting waste and recycling in our borough for a variety of reasons including:
• Roadworks and road closures in the area
• Access issues (often caused by parked cars that our vehicles are unable to manoeuvre around)
• Adverse weather conditions
• Vehicle breakdowns
We apologise if your collection has been delayed and we will make further attempts to collect your waste and/or recycling at the next possible opportunity.
Please see information below for details of collections that have been delayed, and our anticipated return date.
We will only publish details of delayed collections on this page when the impact is widespread.
You can contact our Customer Services team on at email@example.com for information around missed collections where it affects an individual or small number of properties
- Crafty sessions celebrate recycling achievement
Household Waste Recycling Centres or tips
Cumbria County Council operate large Household Waste Recycling Centres across Cumbria, with two in Copeland. These are sometimes known as tips.
PLEASE NOTE: Waste Recycling Centre's are the County Councils responsibility. Copeland Borough Council are not responsible for Waste Recycling Centres. Please contact the following for further information:
Waste Recycling Centre permit line 0845 0551118
Frizington Waste Recycling Centre 01946 813613
Millom Waste Recycling Centre 01229771447
Your kerbside recycling scheme
All the details you need to know about your kerbside recycling scheme
Location of the Copeland Borough Council Moresby Parks site.
- Council & students aim for BIG recycling impact
Assisted Collection Service
If you are permanently or temporarily unable to place your bin out for collection then you may be eligible for an assisted bin collection. Find out more below.
- What are the opening hours for Frizington tip?
- Clean up for the streets of Copeland
- Elephants go on the road for recycling
Large Wheeled Bins
Customers will be able to apply for a larger wheeled bin (or additional blue bags) where they meet the following criteria:
- 6 or more permanent residents or
- 5 permanent residents including 1 under the age of 5 or
- 4 permanent residents including 2 under the age of 5 or
- A medical condition which produces non-infectious clinical waste
- What are the opening hours of the Millom tip?
- How can I arrange collection of an old bed?
- Copeland recyclers reach milestone
- Beach cleaners in action for the summer
Details of our allotments.
- How do I create less waste?
- Residents swap 14,500 bins of waste for recycling
- Statement on plastic recycling
Needles and syringes on public land
Discarded hypodermic needles and syringes are extremely dangerous and could cause injury or infection. If you find a needle or syringe on public land or Council premises then it should be reported immediately to the Council.
- What and where can I recycle?
- Copeland celebrates National Recycling Week
- Deer found in recycling bank