Waste and recycling
- What are the opening hours of the Millom tip?
- Clean up for the streets of Copeland
- Elephants go on the road for recycling
2018 new recycling scheme - press releases
You can read more about our kerbside recycling scheme in these previous press releases.
- How can I arrange collection of an old bed?
- Copeland recyclers reach milestone
- Beach cleaners in action for the summer
Great reasons to recycle plastic
Why recycle plastic? As well as giving you more room in your main bin, there's a whole host of ways in which small actions can have a big effect when it comes to plastic recycling.
- How do I create less waste?
- Residents swap 14,500 bins of waste for recycling
- Statement on plastic recycling
Recycling - windy weather advice
When windy weather is forecast, we have some handy hints and tips to help with your kerbside recycling.
Food waste digester application form
Application form to buy a discounted food waste digester. Print this off and fill it in to apply for one of the digesters.
For more info about these digesters and recycling, please visit http://www.recycleforcumbria.org/.
- What and where can I recycle?
- Copeland celebrates National Recycling Week
- Deer found in recycling bank
Recycling bring sites
Recycling bring sites in Copeland
- What can go in your brown bin?
- Garden collections end soon for winter
We collect household waste from 32,000 properties across Copeland either by providing a fortnightly wheeled bin collection service or a weekly blue bag service.
Glass recycling - what goes in?
Find out exactly what you can - and can't - put in your glass recycling box.
- Do tips open on Bank Holidays?
- Residents urged to recycle Christmas cardboard
Kerbside recycling service
We collect paper, glass, metal, plastic and card from the kerbside for 96 per cent of residents.
Plastic recycling - what goes in?
Find out exactly what can - and can't - go in your 'plastics' recycling box.