Environmental health


Environmental health

  1. Seagull information leaflet

    Seagull information leaflet

  2. Environmental Health

    Our Environmental Health Team can provide a range of advice and guidance on health and safety issues. We also regulate business to ensure compliance with legislation. 

  3. Hygiene ratings - places to eat in Copeland


    The truth is, you can’t tell a restaurant’s hygiene standards by how clean and tidy the staff look or by how romantic the décor and ambience is.  It’s the things you can’t see – like germs spread by bad hygiene practices – that you need to consider. There’s one easy way to set your mind at rest – check the food hygiene rating. This tells you about hygiene standards in restaurants and other food businesses. 

  4. Seagull information leaflet

    Seagull information leaflet

  5. Copeland celebrates clean bathing waters
  6. Pest Control Services

    We provide advice and treatment to both domestic and commercial properties. 

  7. Smoke Control Area: Distington

    Smoke Control Area Distington

  8. Flood Bulletin 13.10.17

    Flood bulletin 13.10.17

  9. New animal welfare regulations introduced
  10. Smoke Control Area: Whitehaven

    Smoke Control Area: Whitehaven

  11. Environment Agency poster

    Environment Agency poster

  12. Council set to tackle borough’s pests
  13. Smoke Control Area: Millom

    Smoke Control Area: Millom

  14. seagull leaflet

    seagull leaflet

  15. Copeland Council launches noise app
  16. Food registration form

    Form to use to register a food business, notify us of premises and/or vehicles used in the preparation or transportation of food. There are some useful guidance notes to accompany this form that we suggest you read before completing and returning the form to us.

  17. Bedbug advice

    Bedbug advice

  18. Starting a Food Business

    Here is a quick guide to setting up a food business in Copeland

  19. Copeland Council's contaminated land strategy

    This document sets out our approach to contaminated land in Copeland.

  20. Flea advice

    Flea advice

  21. Food Hygiene Rating System

    Consult our guide to the best restaurants and food suppliers.

  22. Guide for developers

    A joint guide written by all Cumbrian local authorities to help developers deal with contaminated land.

  23. Rats and mice

    Rat and mice advice

  24. Private Water Supplies

    Concerned about the quality of your water supply? If you are on mains water contact United Utilities or if you have a Private Water Supply we can help.

  25. Caravan site conditions of holding a licence

    Conditions for holding a licence to run a caravan site.


Subscribe to Environmental health