Glass recycling - what goes in?
Find out exactly what you can - and can't - put in your glass recycling box.
- Garden collections end soon for winter
Plastic recycling - what goes in?
Find out exactly what can - and can't - go in your 'plastics' recycling box.
- Garden waste collections to restart
Metal recycling - what goes in?
A list of what you can - and can't - put in your 'metal' recycling box
- Staff to smarten up beauty spots
Paper recycling - what goes in?
Find out exactly what you can - and can't - put in your 'paper' recycling box.
- Recycling fun for Robert
Card recycling - what goes in?
Read about exactly what you can - and can't - put in your card recycling bag.
- Staff and residents collect 100 bags of litter
What can I put in my plastics recycling box?
A detailed list of exactly what can and can't be recycled as part of your kerbside plastics recycling collection.
Household Waste Recycling Centres or tips
Cumbria County Council operate large Household Waste Recycling Centres across Cumbria, with two in Copeland. These are sometimes known as tips.
PLEASE NOTE: Waste Recycling Centre's are the County Councils responsibility. Copeland Borough Council are not responsible for Waste Recycling Centres. Please contact the following for further information:
Waste Recycling Centre permit line 0845 0551118
Frizington Waste Recycling Centre 01946 813613
Millom Waste Recycling Centre 01229771447
What can I put in my 'glass' recycling box?
A detailed look and what exactly can (and can't) be recycled as glass in Copeland.
Large Wheeled Bins
Customers will be able to apply for a larger wheeled bin (or additional blue bags) where they meet the following criteria:
- 6 or more permanent residents or
- 5 permanent residents including 1 under the age of 5 or
- 4 permanent residents including 2 under the age of 5 or
- A medical condition which produces non-infectious clinical waste
What goes in my 'paper' recycling box?
A detailed list of what can (and can't) be put in with your paper recycling.
Trade Waste Collection
Trade waste collection
We provide a low cost, flexible and responsive trade waste collection service throughout the Copeland borough to both small and large producers of commercial waste.
We offer free advice on suitability, container location, collection and all other aspects of trade waste that could save you money.
• Competitive prices
• No VAT to pay on collections
• Low cost waste transfer note
• No hidden extra costs
• Service tailored to your needs
• Reliable, flexible service
• No lengthy tie-in
• Collections available 7 days a week (where viable)
• Local, knowledgeable staff
• Waste is not sent to landfill
- What are the opening hours for Frizington tip?
Brown Bin Garden Collection
Your brown bin is collected on a fortnightly basis between March and October. You can check your collection dates here.
- What are the opening hours of the Millom tip?
Commercial Waste Bins
Details of commercial waste bins.
For more information regarding commercial waste, please click here
- How can I arrange collection of an old bed?
My waste and recycling
This page provides information on your waste and recycling collection rounds.
Please note that there is a problem with the drop-down menu and your address may not appear in the list. Therefore please enter your house number and postcode only, and your property details will appear.
Our new kerbside recycling service
Our improved kerbside recycling scheme began in April 2018.
- Do tips open on Bank Holidays?
2018 new recycling scheme - press releases
You can read more about our kerbside recycling scheme in these previous press releases.