Open mobile menu
Close mobile menu

December 12 General Election

Find out more

Information for tenants


Council tax

  1. Notify council of a change of address

    To notify us online of a change of address click here. This is the easiest and fastest way to update your address details. 

    You can also use this form to notify us of a change of address if you are the owner or tenant in a property.


  1. Local Housing Allowance

    Information about the Local Housing Allowance and how it applies to private tenants claiming Housing Benefit.

  2. Local Housing Allowance Rates 2012

    LHA Rates for 2012

  3. Local Housing Allowance Rates 2011 Information about the maximum rate of Housing Benefit payable for private tenants for 2011.
  4. How to claim housing and/or council tax reduction

    You can use the same form to claim both housing and council tax reduction.

  5. Housing and Council Tax Benefit Claim Form

    The form to use to claim Housing and/or Council Tax Benefits

  6. Housing Benefit or CTRS claim

    Details about the documents we need to see in support of your application for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction. Council Benefit has been replaced by a Council Tax Reduction Scheme.

  7. Discretionary Housing Payment Form

    A form to apply for extra help if you are already entitled to Housing Benefit and you do not get the full amount of eligible rent paid.

  8. Housing Benefit overpayments

    Information about being overpaid benefit.

  9. Self-employed pro forma

    A form for self-employed people claiming Housing and/or Council Tax Benefit who do not have any prepared accounts.

  10. Under occupancy for Housing Benefit

    Information about the changes to Housing Benefit in April 2013 for tenants renting in the Social Sector. This has become known in the media by some as "the bedroom tax".

  11. Certificate of Earnings Form

    A form for people claiming Housing and/or Council Tax Reduction Scheme who are working but do not have any wage slips from their employer.

  12. LHA Rates April 17 CBC

    Local housing Allowance Rates April 2017 CBC

  13. Housing benefit appeals

    Information about what to do if you think the decsion about your Housing Benefit is wrong.

  14. Housing /Council Tax Reduction claims

    Details of who can claim Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction

  15. Discretionary Housing Payments

    Information about how you can apply for help with your rent if you are already entitled to benefit but do not receive the full amount of eligible rent.

  16. Local Housing Allowance Rates 2013

    Local Housing Allowance Rates (maximum Housing Benefit) 2013. Rates will be updated annually on 1 April when all claims will be reviewed. If you have a change in your household circumstances during the year, please let us know as your LHA rate may change. Contact us on 01946 598300.



  1. Domestic abuse

    If you are experiencing problems at home including domestic violence or abuse and you want to talk to somebody about help moving, changing locks, getting an injunction or other issues, please contact our housing and homelessness team on 0845 054 8600.

  2. House Condition Complaints

    If you live in a privately rented property and the landlord is not carrying out essential repairs, let us know. We will help you to deal with the problem.

  3. Housing

    Here you will find advice and guidance on all aspects of housing and homelessness. This includes our Copeland Housing Strategy and details of how we plan and deliver our housing service. You will find information to help you if you are looking for a property to rent, are having problems with your current place or are facing homelessness. We are here to help, so do please get in touch.

  1. Impact Furniture Services

    IFS Copeland is opening to the general public selling quality pre-owned furniture and household items at reasonable prices.

Subscribe to Information for tenants