Application forms


Legal and licensing

  1. Transfer a premises licence

    Application to transfer a premises licence. A transfer of a premises licence is required when the current licence holder wishes to remove his/her name from the licence, add another licence holder on to the existing licence or if a premises changes ownership to add a new licence holder. The consent form must be completed and signed by the current licence holder. If the current licence holder is unable to sign the form, then the new licence holder must demonstrate that they have taken reasonable steps to locate the existing licence holder.



  2. Vary club premises certificate

    Application to vary a club premises certificate under the Licensing Act 2003.

  3. Application for the reinstatement of a premises licence

    Application form to have a premises licence reinstated.

  4. Review a premises licence

    Application to review a premises licence.

    The review procedure applies to both a premises licence and a club premises certificate. A review may be sought relating to a premises licence or club premises if local residents and businesses in the vicinity or any of the responsible authorities have concerns with the running of the premises. Representations must be based around one or more of the four licensing objectives. These are:

    • The prevention of crime and disorder
    • Public safety
    • The prevention of public nuisance
    • The protection of children from harm
  5. Review of a premises licence

    Application for review of a premises licence or club premises certificate.

  6. Application to transfer a premises licence under the Gambling Act 2005

    Application to transfer a premises licence.

  7. Renewal of private hire driver's licence

    Form to use to renew your private hire driver's licence.

  8. Interim authority notice

    Form to use to apply for interim authority to take over a licence. An Interim authority notice (IAN) is relevant following death, mental incapacity, insolvency or dissolution of the premises licence holder. This allows for the premises licence to be reinstated for a maximum of three months to allow time for a transfer application.

  9. Notice of application for occasional use

    Notice of intention to licence a track for occasional gambling to take place.

  10. Provisional statement

    You will need to apply for a provisional statement if you require confirmation that a premises under construction, or being substantially altered would be granted a premises licence upon completion of the building works

  11. Notice of gambling for occasional use.

    Notice of gambling for occasional use.

  12. Application for grant of hackney carriage driver's licence

    Application for grant of hackney carriage driver's licence along with guidance notes for completing the form.

  13. Disclosure of convictions

    You will need to complete this form as part of your application for a personal licence.

    A personal licence must be held by a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) but can also be held by anyone involved in the sale of alcohol by retail. It is not necessary for all staff selling alcohol to have a personal licence.

    Please note: You must be 18 years old or over in order to apply for a personal licence.

    The following must be submitted to the Licensing Authority:

    • Completed application form.
    • 2 passport size photographs, one of which must be endorsed on the reverse with a statement verifying the likeness of the photograph to you by a solicitor, notary, a person of standing within the community or any individual with a professional qualification. This person must not be a relative.
    • A criminal conviction certificate. The certificate must be less than 1 month old at the time of application.
    • Completed 'Disclosure of Convictions and Declaration' form.
    • Level 2 National Certificate for Personal Licence Holder (NCPLH).
    • The current fee of £37.00.
  14. Notification Lacors

    Notifcation of two or less gaming machines or gaming machine permit for more than two machines.

  15. Application for hackney carriage vehicle licence

    Application form and guidance for people wanting to apply for a hackney carriage vehicle licence.

  16. Street collection permit application form

    A Street Collection Permit is required where a charity promotes a collection for a charitable purpose on the street. The following notes should be taken into account when applying for a permit:

    • The permit lasts for period of collection specified.
    • It is an offence to promote the collection without first obtaining a Permit from the Council.
    • Only one Saturday per year can be allocated to each charity.
    • The application form should be completed and forwarded to the Legal Section.
    • The return form must be submitted to the Council no later than one month after the collection date.


  17. Gaming machine application

    Application for club gaming permit or club machine permit.

  18. Application for a private hire vehicle licence

    Application form for a private hire vehicle licence.

  19. Street party guidance

    The Government has produced guidance giving practical advice for anyone looking to hold a street party.  The guidance includes an application for road closure orders for street parties, which we will be using to process applications.

  20. Application for grant of private hire driver's licence

    Application form for a private hire vehicle licence and guidance on how to complete the form. All drivers of private hire vehicles are required to satisfy that they are fit and proper persons to hold such a licence. The Council is empowered in law to check with the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) for the existence and content of any criminal record held in the name of the applicant.

    A licence is issued for 12 months and to qualify an applicant must:

    • Have held a full driving licence for 12 months prior to the date of application;
    • Complete a private hire drivers licence application form;
    • Complete a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) application form (if applicable). This is required every 3 years and in the intervening years a self-certification form must be completed declaring that no further convictions have been obtained since the last CRB check;
    • Provide a medical certificate (required every 3 years unless otherwise stated) from his/her doctor, certifying that the applicant is fit to drive a private hire vehicle;
    • Provide a full current driving licence (both photo card and counterpart);
    • Provide 2 x passport size photographs of the applicant;
    • Provide a valid Passport (if applicable);
    • Provide your Birth Certificate ;
    • Provide your Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
    • Provide your National Insurance Number.

    Please note that the CRB application forms are only available from the Council Offices.

  21. Application for premises licence

    Application for premises licence under the Gambling Act 2005.

  22. Application form for house to house collection permit

    Application form for a permit to collect house to house.

  23. Application to renew hackney carriage driver's licence

    Application to renew your hackney carriage driver's licence and supporting guidance.

  24. Premises licence (vessel)

    Premises licence for a vessel under the Gambling Act 2005.

  25. Disclosure of convictions form

    Disclosure of criminal convictions form to accompany renewal of a Hackney Carriage licence or Private Hire Driver's Licence.


Subscribe to Application forms