- Can I get a grant from the council to help repair my property?
Do you need help with a rent deposit?
The Council has a rent deposit scheme to help people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness. The scheme helps people who are eligible to pay the deposit for good standard privately rented accommodation. The Council will decide if you are eligible and whether the property is suitable.
- How do I join the Copeland Landlord Forum?
Sources of help if you are homeless
National sources of help and information if you are homeless or have housing problems. You can also contact our housing team on 0845 054 8600.
- How do I report an Empty Property?
16 or younger and facing homelessness?
Advice and help for young people facing homelessness or having problems with housing.
- What will the council do about an empty property if I report it?
- I own an empty property - what can I do about it?
- Have questions about your Home Group, Housing 21, Two Castles, Impact or other Housing Association house?
Private sector stock condition survey
This is a summary of the Private Sector Stock Condition Survey report. In this document you can read the main findings of the survey, which was done to help us find out about the condition of privately owned and privately rented housing in Copeland. The summary says what the condition of housing is like in different areas in Copeland.
- Where can I find facts and figures about housing in Copeland?
Application form for an immigration inspection
If you wish to apply for an Immigration Inspection, the first step is to complete and return this form.
- I have a problem tenant - what can I do?
Older Persons Housing Task Group
These are the notes of the first meeting of the Older Persons Housing Task Group, which was held on the 29th of June 2012.
Here you will find advice and guidance on all aspects of housing and homelessness. This includes our Copeland Housing Strategy and details of how we plan and deliver our housing service. You will find information to help you if you are looking for a property to rent, are having problems with your current place or are facing homelessness. We are here to help, so do please get in touch.
Severe weather emergency protocol
Within its duties as a local authority, Copeland Council aims to ensure that vulnerable people are protected and provided for during the winter cold season, when extreme cold temperatures for extended spells can threaten the safety and wellbeing of some people living in the borough.
This document sets out the mechanism by which rough sleepers in Copeland can access accommodation and support during periods of exceptionally cold weather when a Severe Weather Emergency Protocol (SWEP) is activated.
Housing for older people
This page explains what you need to do if you or a friend or relative want to move into a residential home or need more support to live in your current home.
House Condition Complaints
If you live in a privately rented property and the landlord is not carrying out essential repairs, let us know. We will help you to deal with the problem.
- My landlord wants me out of my house - what do I need to do now?
Powers to deal with unfit properties
We have a range of options to deal with unfit properties in the private rented sector. Most problems can be sorted out without us having to take action but we are serious about using our enforcement powers when there is no alternative.
- My partner is being violent or abusive towards me - what can I do?
Copeland landlord forum
The landlord forum is a meeting of landlords who have properties in Copeland. It is held twice a year and it is a forum for:
- Discussing current issues and having questions answered, for example about the changes to Housing Benefit
- Sharing news and information
- Exchanging advice
- Receiving training, for example on tax and income for landlords
- What can I do if I am struggling to pay my rent or mortgage?
Homes of multiple occupancy
Homes of Multiple Occupancy is a legal term used to describe a certain type of house that is shared by three or more unrelated people, who all share facilities like the kitchen and the bathroom.
- How do I get a housing association house in Copeland?