Our Waste Management team provides a wide range of services to residents, businesses and visitors in Copeland. We are committed to providing efficient and cost-effective waste services.
- A regular refuse collection for the 33,000 homes in the borough, including assisted bin collections for those who need help. Click here to view your collection calendar.
- A regular garden waste collection service between March and November
- A kerbside recycling service for more than 96 per cent of households - find out more here.
- A paid-for collection service for large items such as furniture and white goods. Please call 01946 598300 to arrange this.
- A 7-day-a-week trade waste service
- Community recycling points throughout the borough
- A street cleaning service for more than 500 kilometres of streets and roads
- Beach cleaning
- Collections from more than 500 litter bins
- Removal of fly tipping from the council's land
- Support of community/voluntary clean-ups
Household Waste Recycling Centres are run by Cumbria County Council and are located throughout the county. In Copeland they are in Frizington and Millom.
Why not take a look at our A-Z list of what you can recycle and where?
Click here for information on the disposal of needles and syringes.