A BRIEFING session for prospective candidates and agents in the upcoming elections will be held next month.
Copeland Council is holding the online session for those interested in standing for election – and their agents – for Copeland Council's Whitehaven Central Ward and Parton Parish Council's by-elections, on Thursday, May 6.
The briefing will take place over Microsoft Teams on Thursday, March 11 from 4.30pm to 6pm. Attendance must be arranged in advance by contacting the council’s Electoral Services team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07917 506236.
Copeland Council is reminding the public of the following key election dates and deadlines:
- Open now – registration to vote, and to vote by post or proxy
- March 25 – nominations open
- March 29 – poll cards are sent out
- April 8 – deadline for nominations
- April 19 – deadline to register to vote
- April 20 – deadline to register for a postal vote
- April 27 – deadline to register for a proxy vote
Details of how to register for the above can be found at www.copeland.gov.uk/elections-2021. This page also includes a series of Frequently Asked Questions around Covid protocols that is being constantly updated as new guidance is received.
** The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Cumbria is inviting all potential PCC candidates and agents to a Microsoft Teams briefing event on Wednesday, March 10 (4.30pm to 7.30pm). More information is available at www.cumbria-pcc.gov.uk.