Personal licence

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Anyone who plans to sell or supply alcohol or authorise the sale or supply of alcohol must apply for a personal licence.

A personal licence must be held by a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) but can also be held by anyone involved in the sale of alcohol by retail. It is not necessary for all staff selling alcohol to have a personal licence.

Please note: You must be 18 years old or over in order to apply for a personal licence.

The following must be submitted to the Licensing Authority:

  • Completed application form.
  • 2 passport size photographs, one of which must be endorsed on the reverse with a statement verifying the likeness of the photograph to you by a solicitor, notary, a person of standing within the community or any individual with a professional qualification. This person must not be a relative.
  • A criminal conviction certificate. The certificate must be less than 1 month old at the time of application.
  • Completed 'Disclosure of Convictions and Declaration' form.
  • Level 2 National Certificate for Personal Licence Holder (NCPLH).
  • The current fee of £37.00.
PDF icon april_17_personal_licence.pdf475.89 KB
No preview available of april_17_personal_licence.pdf
Published: 7 August 2012 - 10:20am