A Household Waste Recycling Centre is a large waste and recycling collection centre, operated by Cumbria County Council. To find out more information about opening times and location, please click here.
PLEASE NOTE: Waste Recycling Centre's are the County Councils responsibility. Copeland Borough Council are not responsible for Waste Recycling Centres. Please contact the following for further information:
Materials that are accepted include:
- Scrap metal
- Fridges and other white goods (freezers, washing machines, ovens etc)
- Gas bottles
- Hardcore and rubble/soil
- Fluorescent tubes/energy saving light bulbs
- Small appliances (hairdryers, irons, microwaves etc)
- Batteries household
- Car batteries
- TVs and monitors
- Plasterboard and gypsum (please telephone in advance to confirm that there is enough space for these items)
- Chemicals ie weedkiller (this must be reported to an attendant when brought on site)
- Asbestos (for more information go to http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/planning-environment/waste-management/servicesincumbria/Asbestos.asp)
- General household waste
Trade waste is not accepted at this recycling centre
There is a permit scheme in operation at the recycling centre. This means that if you want to bring your household rubbish using a van or a twin axle trailer (up to 3 meters long) you will require a permit to do so.
The Environment Agency is responsible for regulating the handling and disposal of hazardous and special waste and will provide information and advice as required. Telephone 08708 506 506 Mon-Fri, 8am - 6pm.