Future High Streets Fund
Whitehaven has been shortlisted by the Government to receive up to £25 million funding through the Future High Streets Fund. Please find below updates and information on the bid process.
Click here to read the announcement on Whitehaven being shortlisted.
Click here to see full details - and to comment on - our proposed schemes.
- Conversion of the former Whittles building on Duke Street into a community digital hub
- Developing a cycle hub on the former Barclays Bank site, offering sales, hire, storage and repairs of bikes and e-bikes, linked with a juice bar and guided tours
- Creating a seafood restaurant and cycle-friendly accommodation on Marlborough Street
- Developing residential opportunities, focusing on the needs of young professionals and post-graduate students, with access to communal leisure and workspace
- Connecting the town centre and the harbour by creating new arcades between King Street and Strand Street, offering food court, artisan and small-scale leisure spaces