Open mobile menu
Close mobile menu

December 12 General Election

Find out more

Who do I contact about sewerage issues?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Please report any problems with the sewer network to United Utilities on 0845 706 2200

United Utilities are the first point of contact about sewer problems. You will need to look after your own drains but once they connect with drains from another property they will be looked after by United Utilities. They maintain sewer pipes that are shared by more than one property or that run beyond your property boundary (apart from in a few cases where these sewers are privately owned). You can find out whether they look after your sewer on their sewers and drains explained page. .

Published: 5 February 2013 - 1:28pm

Where you see this symbol FAQ you can submit a question and we will add the answer to our pool of Frequently Asked Questions for the benefit of other users. Whilst using the website if you come across a term or word you do not understand, then you can submit it to our glossary and we will provide an explanation, which again will help other users. We try to use plain language where possible and your feedback will help. Thank you.