Open mobile menu
Close mobile menu

December 12 General Election

Find out more

What will the council do about an empty property if I report it?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

The council has an empty homes policy which sets out what action we are taking to tackle empty homes in the borough and to bring empty homes back into use.

When an empty property is reported to us we will address the empty property following the steps set out in the policy. If we don’t already know about the property, the first steps are likely to include assessing the condition of the property and trying to find the owner of the property.

Published: 31 October 2012 - 10:56am

Where you see this symbol FAQ you can submit a question and we will add the answer to our pool of Frequently Asked Questions for the benefit of other users. Whilst using the website if you come across a term or word you do not understand, then you can submit it to our glossary and we will provide an explanation, which again will help other users. We try to use plain language where possible and your feedback will help. Thank you.