Open mobile menu
Close mobile menu

December 12 General Election

Find out more

What can I do if I am struggling to pay my rent or mortgage?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

If you are struggling to pay your rent or mortgage, the sooner you start to get help the better. We might be able to help you to negotiate a payment plan with your lender or landlord to help you to stay in your home, and we have funding available to help cover emergencies and prevent homelessness.

To arrange an appointment with the housing options team please contact us on 0845 054 8600.

If you have money worries you can also contact the Citizen's Advice Bureau or try the Whitehaven, Egremont and District Credit Union.

Published: 31 October 2012 - 10:08am

Where you see this symbol FAQ you can submit a question and we will add the answer to our pool of Frequently Asked Questions for the benefit of other users. Whilst using the website if you come across a term or word you do not understand, then you can submit it to our glossary and we will provide an explanation, which again will help other users. We try to use plain language where possible and your feedback will help. Thank you.