Open mobile menu
Close mobile menu

December 12 General Election

Find out more

My partner is being violent or abusive towards me - what can I do?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Support for domestic violence victims in West Cumbria is available from the Freedom Project:

Helpline 07712117986

Women’s Domestic Violence helpline: 0808 2000 247 Freephone and 24 hour

Men’s Domestic Violence helpline: 0808 802 4040 Freephone, available Monday - Friday 10am-1pm and 2pm -5pm

If you are unable to occupy your home due to domestic violence or abuse we might be able to help you to find alternative accommodation. Alternatively we might be able to arrange to make your home safe so that you are able to remain living there.

In an emergency always phone 999.

To arrange an appointment to see the Housing Options team please contact us on 0845 054 8600.

Published: 31 October 2012 - 10:06am

Where you see this symbol FAQ you can submit a question and we will add the answer to our pool of Frequently Asked Questions for the benefit of other users. Whilst using the website if you come across a term or word you do not understand, then you can submit it to our glossary and we will provide an explanation, which again will help other users. We try to use plain language where possible and your feedback will help. Thank you.