Open mobile menu
Close mobile menu

December 12 General Election

Find out more

Do I need Building Regulations approval to install fittings and appliances or carry out drainage work?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Gas boilers must be installed by a person/contractor registered with the Gas Safe self certification scheme. Self certification schemes also exist for solid fuel and oil fired installations or alternatively, a Building Regulations application can be submitted for these works.   All drainage work (above and below ground) in connection with a building including the installation of a sink, bath, shower, toilet etc, requires an application.

Published: 27 July 2012 - 8:38am

Where you see this symbol FAQ you can submit a question and we will add the answer to our pool of Frequently Asked Questions for the benefit of other users. Whilst using the website if you come across a term or word you do not understand, then you can submit it to our glossary and we will provide an explanation, which again will help other users. We try to use plain language where possible and your feedback will help. Thank you.