Open mobile menu
Close mobile menu

December 12 General Election

Find out more

Do I need Building Regulations approval to construct a porch?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

No, provided the internal floor area is less than 30 square metres, it is separated from the house by an external quality door, and any glazing in critical locations is safety glass.

Published: 27 July 2012 - 7:59am

Where you see this symbol FAQ you can submit a question and we will add the answer to our pool of Frequently Asked Questions for the benefit of other users. Whilst using the website if you come across a term or word you do not understand, then you can submit it to our glossary and we will provide an explanation, which again will help other users. We try to use plain language where possible and your feedback will help. Thank you.