Police and Crime Commissioner Elections
The second Police and Crime Commissioner elections will be held on Thursday, 5 May 2016.
Important dates for all elections:
- Close of Nominations (deadline for submission of nomination papers); 4pm Thursday, 7 April
- Deadline for applications to register to vote; Monday, 18 April
- Deadline for new applications for postal votes; 5pm Tuesday, 19 April
- Deadline for applications to change a postal or proxy vote; 5pm Tuesday, 19 April
- Deadline for new applications for proxy votes; 5pm Tuesday, 26 April
Don’t forget to vote in the PCC election
May 5, 2015
If you are away or cannot go to the polling station on Thursday 5 May, 2016 you can do one of the following:
- Apply to vote by post. Completed applications must reach us before 5pm on Tuesday 19 April, 2016. If you are given a postal vote, you will not be able to vote in person at this election.
- Apply to vote by proxy (this means someone else can vote on your behalf) Completed applications must reach us before 5pm on Tuesday 26 May, 2016. If you appoint a proxy, you can vote if you wish, but only if your proxy has not already voted on your behalf and has not got a postal vote for you.
If after 5pm on Tuesday 26 April, 2015 you are unable to vote in person because you:
- Have a medical emergency, or
- Learn you cannot go to the polling station because of work reasons
You can apply to vote by proxy. Completed applications must reach us before 5pm on Thursday 5 May, 2016. To find out how to apply, call the helpline immediately.
Helpline number: 01946 598300
Please note - it is an offence to:
- Vote more than once at this election, unless you are voting on your own behalf and as a proxy for another person
- Vote as a proxy at this election for more than two people, unless you are their spouse, civil partner, parent, grandparent, brother, sister, child or grandchild
- Vote as a proxy for someone if you know that by law they are not allowed to vote.
If you need any help or to find out if your polling station is accessible, please contact us.