Applications are now open for apprenticeships here at Copeland Council.
We are a district council in West Cumbria, led by an Independent Elected Mayor. We have a corporate strategy focused on “working smarter” to ensure Copeland is a better place for its residents to live and work and for others to visit, invest and do business.
We have introduced a range of Modern Apprenticeship Opportunities across our functions and are looking for individuals who are keen to learn, passionate about public services and who have a professional attitude to work.
In collaboration with training providers, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in work and at the same time gain a professional qualification.
We have the following apprenticeships available:
- Trainee Gardener (three years). There are two posts available (Ref Parks/01). A job description is available here.
- Community Support Apprentice, working in the Economic Development team (one-and-a-half years) (Ref Econ/03). A job description is available here.
- Revenues and Benefits Apprentice (one-and-a-half years) (Ref Rbs/05). A job description is available here.
- Trainee Building Control Surveyor/Trainee Housing Technical Officer (five years). This is one post split across two departments (Ref Build/02). Job descriptions are available here and here.
- Apprentice Regulatory Compliance Officer, working in the Environmental Health team (two years) (Ref Env/04). A job description is available here.
Further details of the apprentice qualifications and salaries are available here.
Working for Copeland Council
Working and Training Hours: 37 per week
Annual Leave: 24 days a year plus bank holidays
Benefits include childcare vouchers, pension, Cycle to Work scheme, and flexi-time.
What do our current apprentices have to say about working at Copeland Council?
Darcey Adair, our Customer Services Apprentice, says: "I enjoy it because every day is different. It is interesting and always busy. I also like that I don't really feel like an apprentice. I'm given the same tasks and responsibilities as others."
Robbie Armstrong, our Finance Apprentice, says: "I enjoy working with the team; they are all really great. I'm getting access to the different systems, doing different things, are no two days are the same."
Harry Wolfdenden, our IT Apprentice, says: "I'm enjoying the challenge and I really like the people I'm working with."
What happens next?
The closing date for all applications is Monday, July 23.
Successful applicants will be required to attend an interview preparation activity on Wednesday, August 15.
Interviews will be held on Monday, August 20.
The start date for all apprentices will be Monday, September 3.