The Local Restrictions Support Grant (closed premises) is for businesses that are required to close under local or national restrictions imposed.
To qualify for this grant, your business must be based in Copeland and has been:
- Open as usual before the restrictions
- Providing services in person to customers from the premises
- Required to close due to restrictions imposed by government
- Paying business rates for the premises before restrictions commenced
- If your business has previously been paid a Small Business Grant or Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Grant we will be able to fast track your application, however confirmation that your bank details remain the same is required.
The LRSG(C) is a mandatory grant for businesses that have a rateable value. Please note the scheme is not based on eligibility for rate reliefs.
A single grant to cover a set period will be paid to each eligible business. The grant amounts will be fixed.
14-day period (2nd December onwards)
28-day period (5 Nov – 2 Dec)
£15,000 or less
£15,001 and less than £51,000
£51,000 or greater
Businesses with more than one qualifying property will receive more than one grant.
- The period of local restrictions is less than 14 days
- The business can continue to trade and is not required to close by Government due to restrictions
- The business has chosen to close but not been required to
- Businesses which have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State aid permitted under the de minimis and the Covid-19 Temporary State Aid Framework
- Businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made are not eligible for funding under this scheme