- Council marks Commonwealth Day
Beaches gain top Seaside Awards
Copeland's beautiful beaches have once again been recognised for their fantastic facilities and cleanliness.
- Voters urged to update details
Free tours of landmark building
Would you like to see inside one of Whitehaven's most recognisable buildings as it begins its transformation into a Foyer?
- Mayor launches Community Forum
NuGen welcomes news from National Grid
NuGen welcomed news that following extensive public consultation the National Grid has announced they have chosen a corridor for their North West Coast Connections project to connect Moorside.
- Mayor joins police for fact finding night patrol
NWCC - project information booklet
This is the North West Coastal Connections information booklet. It relates to National Grid's plans to route power from the planned new reactor at Moorside near Sellafield.
- Farewell to Festive Fats
- Beacon receives £900,993 grant
- Council's Easter arrangements
Bid for heritage funding submitted
We have now submitted our stage 2 bid to the Heritage Lottery Fund as part of a Townscape Heritage Initiative which will be focused on the oldest parts of Whitehaven.
- Discover the Mysteries of Victorian Whitehaven
Copeland villages in national top ten
An interesting piece of research has named three Copeland villages as among the most desirable in the UK.
- Mayor meets traders at successful farmer's market
NuGen ‘on the road’ film goes live
NuGen's video for Moorside Project consultation.
- Copeland waste service tops table
Pow Beck Valley stadium - more information
This document tells you more about the Pow Beck Stadium Project Review Report.
- Council seeks views on spending plans
- Are You Being Served?
- New plans for former Kangol factory
More protection for park home residents
The Department for Communities and Local Government has introduced a new set of laws designed to give more protection to people who live in mobile homes. This should be good news for the 700 park home owners in Copeland.
- Action against misuse of recycling service
Pow Beck Stadium report published
We have published a report looking at the lessons from the Pow Beck Valley Stadium project, and other information relating to the same project.
- Poster urges public to help ease seagull nuisance