- Pest control - seagulls Roof nesting Herring gulls and Lesser Black Backed gulls are becoming a growing concern in many towns and cities throughout the UK. Food is readily available and there are no natural predators.
- Pigeons and other wild birds Pigeons, starlings and other wild birds can become a problem if they are not controlled. Large numbers of birds can cause a nuisance with noise and droppings which can be hazardous to health.
- Pest control - rats and mice The house mouse and the brown rat are common rodent pests. We all have a responsibility to ensure that our homes, gardens and local environment are kept free from rodents.
- Pest control - grey squirrels Although many people regard squirrels as an attractive part of urban wildlife, they can be a nuisance when they cause damage in gardens
Insects and pests
Here we deal with ants, cockroaches and bed bugs. We also have information sheets on:
Pest control - wasps
You may have one of three problems
- An active wasp nest on your property.
- Hibernating queen wasps waking too early.
- Nuisance wasps (where the nest cannot be found).
Whatever the scenario you will want to get rid of the wasps as they can cause a nasty sting that gives you not only a dose of venom but also an unhealthy amount of bacteria. Wasps are naturally defensive of their nests and will sting anyone or anything (without provocation) just for walking near to the nest. So if you have a nest close to your home or in your garden you should have it treated to avoid the risk of being stung.