1. Planning enforcement manual

    Detailed information on what constitutes a breach of planning rules and what action we can take.

  2. What is Planning Enforcement?

    Planning enforcement is action we can take when works have been carried out without planning permission.

  3. What happens to my building or planning complaint?

    Once we have concluded our investigation into your complaint or report of a breach of planning permission we will inform you of the outcome and what action we have taken. Every reported breach of planning control is different; some reports can take a couple of weeks to resolve while others can take significantly longer.

  4. How do I report a breach of planning control?

    You can report any breach of planning control by contacting the Council Planning Enforcement Officer, Christie Burns, on 01946 598514 or by email at

Enforcement and support services

  1. Penalty charge notices

    Penalty charge notices (PCNs) are issued for parking offenses on car parks that we own or manage. 

  2. Challenge a Penalty Charge Notice

    This page outlines how to challenge a Penalty Charge Notice you have received.

  3. Dog nuisance

    In general, people are allowed to keep animals, as long as they do not cause a nuisance or a health hazard to other people and premises around them.

    This page outlines what can be done when this is not the case.

  4. Dog Fouling - Enforcement Services

    Dog fouling can be an unpleasant problem, and is one which we know angers many of our residents. We do our bit to clamp down on the problem.

Subscribe to Enforcement