Building Control (Professionals)


Building control

  1. Building Notice Submission

    Form and guidance notes on how to complete the form to notify us of your wish to build.

  2. Approved Document M Guidance Note

    Guidance notes for Approved Document M.

  3. Additional Services

    In addition to our statutory Building Control function, we offer consultation services in the areas listed below.

  4. Full Plans Submission Form

    Form and guidance notes to help you submit full plans.

  5. Approved Document P Guidance Note

    Guidance notes for Approved Document P.

  6. Building control contacts

    Contact details of how to get in touch with the Copeland Borough Council building control department.

  7. Regularisation application form

    Application form to use for a regularisation certificate.

  8. Means of Escape Windows Guidance Note

    Guidance notes for means of escape windows.

  9. Notice of Intended Demolition Form

    Section 80 of the Building Act 1984 requires that a person who intends to demolish the whole or part of a building, apart from one exempt under subsection (1)(a) or (b) to notify the local authority, the occupier of any adjacent building and the gas and electricity authorities of his intention. This is the form to do so.

  10. Radon Guidance Note

    Guidance note relating to Radon gas and how to protect yourself.

  11. Householder Enquiry Form

    Householder enquiry form to notify us of your intention to build and guidance as to when planning permission is ncecessary.

  12. Copeland Building Control Prospectus A document identifying the many ways in which Copeland Building Control can help you in the successfull delivery of your building project.
  13. Full plans or building notice submission guidance

    You can make a Building Regulations application in two ways – full plans or building notice.This guidance explains the main differences between the two.

  14. Building Control Fees 2016/17

    Building Control fees and charges for 2016/17. You can now pay building control fees online.

  15. Getting your plans right

    Guidance note for ensuring that your plans are right.

  16. Access Statement [guidance notes]

    Access Statement [guidance notes]

  17. Regularisation Application Notes

    Regularisation application notes that explain more about when and how to apply for a regularisation certificate.

  18. Conservatories and porches guidance notes

    Conservatories and porches guidance notes

  19. LABC Partner Authority Scheme Registration Form

    LABC Partner Authority Scheme Registration Form

  20. Percolation Test Guidance - Surface

    Percolation Test Guidance - Surface

  21. Dangerous Buildings and Structures

    Guidance note for dangerous buildings and structures.

  22. Percolation Test Guidance - Treatment Facilities

    Percolation Test Guidance - Treatment Facilities

  23. Energy Performance Certificate Declaration

    From the 6 April 2008 all completed dwellings require an Energy Performance Certificate (E.P.C.) to satisfy The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England
    and Wales) Regulations 2007. To help you comply, please complete and return this declaration form.

  24. PercolationTest Guidance - Soakaways

    PercolationTest Guidance - Soakaways

  25. Approved Document P Declaration Form

    Form to be completed by the electrician carrying out work if not a member of a certifying body such as NICEIC, ELECSA or ECA etc.


Subscribe to Building Control (Professionals)