We believe all children, young people and vulnerable adults have a right to be safe and protected.
Our safeguarding policy outlines how we will meet our statutory responsibilities in relation to the Children’s Act 2004 and in particular Section 11.
Our safeguarding policy shows our commitment to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults in Copeland
- Reassuring residents that staff and councillors are trained to deal with concerns raised around safeguarding.
- Making sure our service delivery partners are aware of the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and vulnerable adults
All our staff and councillors will undergo safeguarding training
We will also make sure all staff, councillors and contractors are vetted, appropriate to their role.
Our policy provides clear guidance for all staff, councillors and customers and highlights what can be expected from Copeland Borough Council in respect of safeguarding.
- protecting children from maltreatment,
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- ensuring children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Enabling those children to have optimum life chances and enter adulthood successfully
- Protecting vulnerable adults from harm
You can read our adults safeguarding policy here.
You can read our childrens safeguarding policy here.