How can I find a council house?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

The council does not own its own houses for rent. All of the social rented properties in Copeland are owned by housing associations.

To apply for a housing association house in Copeland you will need to register for Cumbria Choice, and apply for properties you are interested in. You can find information about Cumbria Choice and details about how to use it at link to Cumbria Choice webpage.

Otherwise you can contact the housing associations as follows:

  • Home Group Housing Association: 0345 141 4663
  • Two Castles Housing Association: 01946 591848
  • Impact Housing Association: 0344 8736290


Published: 1 October 2012 - 10:31am

Where you see this symbol FAQ you can submit a question and we will add the answer to our pool of Frequently Asked Questions for the benefit of other users. Whilst using the website if you come across a term or word you do not understand, then you can submit it to our glossary and we will provide an explanation, which again will help other users. We try to use plain language where possible and your feedback will help. Thank you.