The registration system changed on 10 June 2014. The new system is called Individual Electoral Registration. For more information visit your vote matters.
How is the new system different?
• you can now register to vote online
• everyone is responsible for registering themselves - under the old system the 'head of every household' could register everyone who lived at their address
• you need to provide a few more details to register including your National Insurance Number and date of birth, this makes the electoral register more secure
How do I register under the new system?
• go to www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
• fill in your name, address, date of birth and a few other details, you'll also need your National Insurance Number, which can be found on your National Insurance card, or in official paperwork such as payslips, or letters about benefits or tax credits
• look out for a confirmation to say you're registered
The Copeland Centre
Tel: 0845 054 8600