The Home Heat Helpline is a free, impartial and confidential service that connects people on low incomes or in poor health with financial help and practical advice on how to manage their energy bills
You can access the service online by visiting www.homeheathelpline.org.uk, or via the free helpline: 0800 33 66 99. For those with hearing difficulties the minicom number is 0800 027 2122.
In total 3.5 million, or one in ten, households in the UK are eligible for some form of help. That help is worth an average of £160 for each household.
The Home Heat Helpline's trained advisers provide callers with advice on claiming support such as:
- Free or discounted home insulation
- Discounts and rebate schemes
- The Priority Service Register, which can provide extra services for people who are elderly or disabled (including bills in large text or Braille, security passwords and an annual gas safety check)
- Flexible payment options
- Benefits entitlement checks
Help is not just available for older people, as many people think, but all sorts of people on low incomes, including:
- Families with young children
- People with disabilities
- People with long term health conditions
The Helpline is open 9am-6pm Monday to Friday