Copeland Local Plan 2017-2035: Issues and Options Consultation
The Council is currently consulting on the Copeland Local Plan 2017-2035: Issues and Options between 9.00am on Monday 9th October and 5.00pm on Friday 17th November 2017.
The overarching development strategy in the Copeland Local Plan 2013-2028: Core Strategy and Development Management Policies is being reviewed to ensure it provides the most effective strategy for delivering the growth Copeland needs. The case for review at this time was further strengthened by the Government's Housing White Paper which will require Local Plans to be reviewed every five years.
The Issues and Options focus on:
- The number of homes we should be planning for
- How additional growth above this figure can be supported
- The settlement hierarchy/locations where development happens
- The distribution of development across different settlements
- The use of settlement boundaries
- Employment sites in Copeland
- Identifying suitable areas for wind energy developments
The Issues and Options document can be viewed here.
The public notice advertising the consultation can be viewed here.
Paper copies of the document can also be viewed at the following locations:
- Copeland Borough Council Market Hall, Market Square, Whitehaven CA28 7JG
- Copeland Borough Council, St George's Road, Millom LA18 4DD
- Cleator Moor, Distington, Egremont, Frizington, Gosforth, Hensingham, Kells, Mirehouse, Seascale and Whitehaven libraries, details of library opening times are available from Cumbria County Council's website http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/libraries/locations/librarylocations.asp or by telephoning 01228 606060.
Comments and suggestions are invited during the consultation period outlined above and these can be made using any of the following methods:
Using the questionnaire, available to download here.
Copeland Borough Council
Cumbria CA28 7SJ
If you have any queries regarding the Issues and Options document or how to make comments, please do not hesitate to contact the Strategic Planning Team on email address firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01946 598300.