Their role is to:-
- Consider applications, conduct interviews for, and make appointments to posts of chief officers.
- Consider and determine proposals for major service restructuring which involve senior posts
- Be responsible for all matters relating to the salary and conditions of service of the Head of the Paid Service, in accordance with such policies as may be decided by the council from time to time.
- Conduct hearings and determine any matters referred to the Panel in accordance with the council’s Disciplinary, Grievance and Redundancy Procedures.
- Consider and determine matters relating to the discipline capability and redundancy of chief officers in accordance with the Joint Negotiating Committee for Chief Officers of Local Authorities’ Conditions of Service.
- Determine applications for early retirement under the council's Early Retirement Scheme which fall outside the delegation to the Chief Executive.
- Consider and advise the Executive and council on development of all policies on employment and the council’s Pay and Workforce Strategy.